TRANS & CIS FATS.
Posted on Saturday, August 12 2017 06:31:00 AM in Blog by lewis percival
Welcome back everyone, and thank you for reading all my blogs and supporting me on them. If you have any requests then please let me know.
Alright so what do we know about trans and cis fats? well let me break it down for you…
Trans fats are the fats that the body can not break down so instead we store them as fats if eaten to often or regularly.
Cis fats are fats the body can handle and break down.
in more detail:
- Raise LDL (low density lipoproteins) cholesterol levels and lower you good HDL (high density lipoproteins) cholesterol levels.
- Trans fats are found in foods like cakes, biscuits, fried food, doughnuts, pizza, cookies, crackers, and spreads.
- The primary source of Trans fats is in processed foods (partially hydrogenated oils)
So these are just some points on trans fats, and if you are looking to lose fats then you have to re-think about your eating habits!
Throw them processed foods out the window and swap for healthy nutritious foods such as natural grown foods like fruits and vegetables.
- Most naturally occurring unsaturated fats are cis.
- monounsaturated cis fats lower LDL and raise HDL.
- Cis fats are found in foods like almonds, avocados, bacon, cashews,, eggs, olives and peanuts.
- foods containing cis fats can decrease the risk of heart disease by improving blood cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure.
Again just some points on cis fats, looking at them both they both have more to them then what i am stating but i am just giving the simple tips about both fats and what is best for the human body.
We live in an era of fantastic foods and of corse amazing taste but not all healthy, i think we miss out on the natural healthy foods more now due to the rising in trans fatty acids that seem more appealing to us and what our taste buds desire and not necessarily good for our bodies.
There are loads of foods that can be made in a healthier way and can help us improve our health and lifestyle and there are ways that we can still enjoy the tasty fatty foods now and then. Thats how it should be done, as they say too much of something can be bad for you…
Next time i will be speaking about …… you tell me what you would like to know more about.
- Jade Rolfe